Friday, August 8, 2014

One Direction Concert and Outfit

Hi everyone!
After 4 years of listening to their music, watching their movie, and trying to meet them, I have finally gone to a One Direction concert!! At MetLife Stadium, the Where We Are Tour let tens of thousands of screaming fans fill in and danced and sang along to 5 Seconds of Summer from Australian (their opening) and 1D. Strappy sandals, denim shorts, and casual halter styled tanks was the rave within outfits due to the strong sun and light breeze.  The boys on stage wore a range of a sweatshirt to ripped muscle tees to skinny jeans with their own European and Australian twist.


As for my outfit, I didn't know how much walking and standing I'd be doing, but I assumed a lot. Therefore, I wore my trusty white Converse sneaks, with light denim shorts, and a chic black tank with gold stud accents on the shoulders to balance the casual aspects of the rest of the outfit. I piled on some turquoise and black bracelets and rings for a bit of an edge, and topped it off with my dark grey with gold hardware cross body bag. For my hair, I straightened it and threw in 3 little braids space around my head that were barely noticeable unless standing close to me. I kept makeup to a minimum, as I usually do, and patted some rose good eyeshadow, underlined my my bottom lash line with a gold eyeliner, and swiped on some mascara. With a little pop of pink lipstick, I was ready for the concert!


The concert was loud, amazing, and unforgettable! 5SOS played 12 of their rockish, dancey music and later 1D took the stage to play 23 of theirs. One of the reasons why these bands have so many fans are how they connect with the crowd. Whether it was blowing kisses, waving, or making silly faces, they help make the stadium and the amount of people in it, a little smaller. On top of that, they do not have choreography and play around while on stage, like making up dances, or spilling water on each other. Sounds like a mess but it really isn't! The overall show is very entertaining and they sound exactly like their album, live! For this reason, and because it was my first stadium concert, with my all time favorite band, I give them a huge thumbs up!


Who's your favorite band?
xo, Paulina

No comments:

Post a Comment