Tuesday, September 16, 2014

Nanette Lepore - NYFW


Hi everyone!
I went to New York Fashion Week at Lincoln Center! Yes, I had the amazing opportunity to attend Nanette Lepore's show this past Sunday. Marist College has a wonderful partnership with Mercedes Benz Fashion Week and awards their Silver Needle Award each year. Last year, Betsey Johnson was the recipient, and this year Nanette Lepore was awarded it. She put on a reprise right after her first show, solely for Marist fashion students and prospective students. The school did an amazing job, from handing out gift bags to holding a chic reception above Lincoln Center.


Imagine stepping out into the most high, creative, and exciting fashion scene. It's called NYFW. With loads of paparazzi, bloggers, celebrities, and street style watchers, Lincoln Center is hustling during this week and is extremely inspiring. Chosing what to wear was a bit time consuming because you know that everyone is looking at everyone else's outfits. Soooo, I decided to wear a floral printed jacket from Zara, a black tank top, a grey structured skirt, and blush cork wedges, all from Forever 21. I kept accessories to a minimum with a black, faux leather perforated clutch, and silver stud earrings. Surprisingly, I kept the entire ensemble to under $150 and still received complements on it!




The show was brilliant, which was inspired by the 60's in chic California. I loved the fact that I would wear any piece of the collection. It flowed beautifully and sent a surge of energy down the runway. Although the fashion was the best part of it, the makeup and hair styling had me aye-struck and ready to try it myself. The models wore white eyeliner with a double wing, heavy mod mascara, glowing skin, and skin tone lips. The eyes fascinated me because they immediately illuminated the face. Think California surfer meets South of France. The topknot that the models wore was the icing on the cake, truly making the collection effortless but completely put together.






Best part? When it was time for the final walk and the models, including Nanette Lepore's daughter and herself, congaed and danced their way back and forth on the runway, (I'm sure) making the entire audience feeling positive vibes and all dancey! I could not have asked for a better, more exciting time as my second New York Fashion Week experience!



xo, Paulina

No comments:

Post a Comment